I have created this blog because I wanted to be able to share my love of sewing with fellow crafters. Sewing & Crafting are one of the loves in my life and a wonderful relaxing hobby. I hope to help inspire and encourage others by showing my creations.

To this I will add that I need a place to document my thoughts and feelings as I go through this journey called life. Every time I try to start a writing journal, it lasts for about a week. I am hoping that this format "sticks" for me better than what I have done in the past.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011


I MUST share with you how wonderful my dear hubby is. Just take a look at these BEAUTIFUL custom built-in cabinets has made for me. This is my living room where guests enter my home. This is also where all the TOYS have a home.

I must say I am a little OCD when it comes to buckets, containers, tubs, baskets, etc. for everything to have nice organized place for it to reside. Now, that being said . . . things are not always in the correct place, or sometimes they tend to collect on those "flat" surfaces around my home (the hutch, the counter, the table, etc) . . . but at least they all have a home where they SHOULD be.

This project took us about $400 in wood and supplies (not including the storage bins) and about 3 good weekends to complete. I am very pleased with the way they have turned-out. Perhaps "someday" I will be able to have a 'store-front' in my home where I can teach sewing classes, or sell fabric, and/or even have a long-arm sewing machine for quilting. Ahh . . . . dreams can come true . . . . all in good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment