I have created this blog because I wanted to be able to share my love of sewing with fellow crafters. Sewing & Crafting are one of the loves in my life and a wonderful relaxing hobby. I hope to help inspire and encourage others by showing my creations.

To this I will add that I need a place to document my thoughts and feelings as I go through this journey called life. Every time I try to start a writing journal, it lasts for about a week. I am hoping that this format "sticks" for me better than what I have done in the past.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011



Here is a photo (poor photography with my cell phone camera) of the very first project I sewed all by myself. I bought the Damask fabric at a WalMart on clearance, as the store was eliminating their fabric department. More and more of the local WalMart stores seem to me doing this :( The black fabric is a "black-on-black" bubble fabric, which I have seen at Walmart or at JoAnn Fabrics as well. The lap blanket was machine-pieced, and hand-quilted. The heart was from my own free-hand design.
This blanket was given to a very dear friend for her birthday last summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment